We treat patients of all ages with pain and/or musculoskeletal pathology with a variety of
conditions including, but not limited to, the list below. If your diagnosis/condition is not on the
list, please don’t assume we can’t treat it. Contact us if you have questions about whether or
not we can help.
We use evidence based physical therapy practice/techniques from peer-reviewed journals
Personalized care, conveniently located on Longboat Key.
Every condition requires a different, individualized treatment plan. Here at Reed Medical Group, we specialize in finding a treatment plan that addresses your pain, personal goals, lifestyle, and comfort level. We are specialized in the following:
Therapists specialized in manual therapy perform soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, manipulation and various other manual therapy techniques to facilitate movement.
Movement is essential to one’s overall wellbeing and health. Resistance training facilitates strength and subsequently helps with injury prevention.
Dry needling is a treatment focused on addressing trigger points within a muscle that contribute to pain.
TOOL ASSISTED MOBILIZATION
Use of tools to assist with soft tissue mobilization can be helpful when restrictions are noted and flexibility is limited.
Balance is essential to minimize fall risk and maintain independence in the home. Dynamic, innovative balance treatments are necessary to replicate sport specific and activities of daily living.
Limited flexibility can be the cause of pain and decreased joint range of motion. Emphasis on restoring motion is essential to normalizing movement patterns.
Daily and sport specific activities require a certain level of agility and coordination. Both speed and control are necessary when looking to return to your recreational or professional sport.
Persistent pain can often lead to altered movement patterns and strength deficits. Assessing activation patterns, muscle sequencing and recruitment is essential to restoring normal movement.
Pain can be scary, frustrating, and at times, all consuming. At Reed Medical Group, we understand that pain can affect every aspect of your life – mind, body and spirit. The first step in controlling pain is understanding where it comes from and why it occurs. Let Reed Medical Group & Physical Therapy help you navigate your pain experience and find the right solution.
Direct Access: In the state of Florida, you do not require a physician’s referral for the first 30 calendar days of treatment. Florida is a direct access state. This means that you can seek out physical therapy services without a trip to your doctor’s office. Physical Therapists are doctoral-level professionals who are able to diagnose and treat independently.
Initial Evaluations begin with a thorough medical history. Visits include education, physical examination, and treatment. Physical therapy treatments range from manual therapy to therapeutic exercise to dry needling. Each patient receives customized care according to their pathology. Most patients receive a home exercise program to be performed between visits. Concierge Orthopedics enables all patients to take control of their pain and gives them tools for pain management techniques. Prepare for up to one hour for your first visit.
Monthly Care Membership Details
Due to high demand, a monthly membership program is now available. Participants will receive:
- Four 15-minute sessions per month, for weekly preventative care only
- Flexible scheduling – sessions can be used individually or grouped into a half hour or full hour treatment as needed
- Dedicated, priority scheduling calendar
- No long-term contracts required. Limited spots available. Available to current clients only who
are not experiencing an acute injury or issue
- New patients must undergo an evaluation prior to signing up for the membership package
Our program is designed for those seeking “year-round” care that mixes physical therapy and wellness services. This program is especially useful for someone who wishes to avoid using their insurance for physical therapy because of a high deductible. This is also a great program for those without insurance who need a flexible payment plan while attending physical therapy.
This Service Will Benefit the Following Clients:
- Clients who want to maintain the results they’ve achieved in physical therapy and want to continue to “get better and stay better” even after their initial course of physical therapy is complete. This premiere service allows you to have access to care when & how you want it.
- Clients without insurance can join & decrease costs of treatment over one year.
- Clients with high insurance deductibles can use this plan and apply it toward the deductible.
- Clients that need a sports performance program to return to a sport after an injury or surgery and need an “advanced recovery” program to get back to their sport quicker–like a pro athlete.
- Clients that routinely train with a personal fitness trainer and have massage therapy on a regular basis will enjoy the cost savings with this program because they get both services with one licensed physical therapist instead.
- Clients who want to improve their sports performance ability, their overall wellness, their physical fitness, their posture, or lose weight. You may be able to reach all your personal goals when working with a sports medicine physical therapist.
Located On Longboat Key in Florida, minutes from the best beaches in the United States our program offers clients the opportunity to renew while relaxing. Clients fly in for 3-5 day intervals for evaluation and treatment. Prior to scheduling a vacation program, an introductory web conference is required. Our team will help provide you with information regarding the area and your visit at the clinic.
Concierge Membership includes:
- Initial Evaluation & assessment includes: a customized initial musculoskeletal examination and an exercise testing session to determine your fitness baseline.
- You receive 24 PT Sessions for 1 year or
- 12 sessions for 6 months which may be scheduled as often as you wish. Whatever works for your schedule.
- One on one sessions with your physical therapist for 60 minutes.
- A personalized comprehensive exercise program you can complete at home or gym.